signbnnr clerk

How to License Your Dog


Article 7 of the New York Agriculture and Markets Law requires that every dog owned or harbored in NYS for longer than 30 days and over four months old must be licensed in the town they reside in.

A valid Rabies Certificate is required.

If spayed or neutered, a Veterinarian’s Certificate is required.  If you have acquired an older dog and have no records, a Veterinarian can examine the animal and sign an affidavit as to whether it was spayed or neutered.

You may apply in person, by mail or use the 24 hour drop box in the Town Hall foyer, 29 Auburn Road, Lansing.  We accept cash, checks or credit cards.  Please make checks payable to the Lansing Town Clerk and send to P.O. 186, Lansing, N.Y.  14882. Phone (607) 533-4142.  All Certificates will be returned to you.

Download: How To License Your Dog (PDF)

Lansing Town Hall, 29 Auburn Road, Lansing, NY 14882
Supervisor & Town Board 533-8896 or 533-8819, Clerk 533-4142, Code Enforcement & Zoning 533-7054 (fax: 533-3507),
Court 533-4776, Highway 533-4328, Parks & Recreation 533-7388

Copyright © 1991 - by the Town of Lansing, NY. All Rights Reserved.